I have had several people ask if bath bombs could be made without citric acid. I wanted to test a few recipes out before sharing because I wanted the consistency, hold, and “fizz” to still be as incredible as the recipe which calls for citric acid. Well I am happy to report that I have found a recipe that works! I love how it makes the bath water smooth and soft which in turn leaves my skin feeling the same well too. May you enjoy this recipe!
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Cream of Tartar (in place of citric acid)
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch or Arrowroot powder
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Water
- 15-30 drops Essential Oil of Choice (depending on strength of the aroma)
- Spray bottle filled with Witch Hazel
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and stir.
- Slowly drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients stirring constantly. (Take great care to drizzle around the bowl and not directly in the same spot to prevent fizzing action. If it begins to fizz the bath bomb could be ruined).
- Next use your fingers to break up any clumps and to see if the mixture will hold together if squeezing with your hand.
- Spray the witch hazel, ever so lightly, into the mixture a little spritz at the time. Use your hands to work the spritz throughout the bowl. The purpose is to moisten just enough to hold its shape but not to over dampen. It will still look dry but once it holds firmly together, it has been spritzed enough.
- Pack firmly into your molds. (I tend to prefer the metal molds over silicone but either is fine). If working with the metal molds, gently tap around the mold before lifting away. Set out to dry for several hours, or overnight. For an added touch, you can place dry flowers at the bottom of the mold before you begin packing. If working with silicone molds, you’ll want to leave them in the molds overnight. This will allow it to harden and make it easier to remove from the mold.
Don’t forget to add your decorative touch, or include a sweet note or surprise inside and of course the details in the packaging as well. Make it look pretty!
(This bath bomb was made using Rose essential oil and dried hibiscus flowers).
Savvy Minerals by Young Living® Premium Starter Kit filled with the items needed to get started with our line of mineral-based makeup! Choose from four options, with shades selected to complement a range of skin tones, and see how Savvy Minerals by Young Living can transform your look
How Do I Choose My Foundation?
- VEINS: Look at your veins inside your wrist. If they look more blue, you likely have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you’re warm.
- JEWELRY TRICK: If you look better in silver jewelry, your skin may be cool. If you look better in gold jewelry, you may be a warm tone.
- EYE & HAIR COLOR: Cool-toned women usually have eyes that are blue, grey, or green and have blonde, brown, or black hair with blue, silver, violet and ash undertones. Warm-toned women usually have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blonde, red, brown, or black hair. Their hair tends to have gold, red, orange, or yellow undertones.
- SUN’S EFFECTS: If you burn easily when in the sun, you are probably cool-toned. If you tan easily when in the sun, you are probably warm-toned.
Included in the Kit!
Become a Young Living Member HERE!
A Savvy woman should never have to compromise quality for beauty. That’s why Savvy Minerals by Young Living was formulated to contain only the most pristine ingredients.
Get a smooth, dewy, long-lasting makeup look with this essential oil-infused DIY Makeup Setting Spray. With just three ingredients—all of them naturally derived—it can be made at a fraction of the cost of retail brands. This homemade Makeup Setting Spray can also be easily customized to your skin’s needs: add Frankincense essential oil for normal skin, Geranium essential oil or Tea Tree essential oil for oily skin, and Myrrh essential oil for dry skin.
- 2 ounces water
- ½ tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops:
- Add to a small spray bottle and shake well.
- Hold spray bottle about 12 inches from face and lightly spritz skin 2–3 times.
- Let dry.
- Love your fresh-all-day look!
What are your favorite ways to use essential oils in your beauty routine? Share your ideas in the comments below!