Tonight I spent time with some wonderful ladies for a “Spa Night” and we made some fun spa recipes to use at home. This one is one that I’d like to share with all of you, it’s called Bath Fizzies. These are wonderful to use for yourself or to give as a gift.
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 10-15 drops essential oil of your choice (I used Peace & Calming but I also love using Sacred Mountain or Stress Away too)
- spray bottle filled with 2 oz. water (you can use as is or add 6 drops of food coloring for the color of your liking)
- cookie sheet or container to lay your finished Bath Fizzie on to dry.
- Stir together citric acid, baking soda, Epsom salt and cornstarch.
- Mix together through a fine sieve or flour sifter to combine thoroughly.
- Add 15 drops essential oil and use fingers to break it up into the mixture so as not to ball up.
- Use your spray bottle to slowly moisten the mixture as you try to form it into balls along the way (it is VERY important not to soak your mix but to just barely dampen it. You only want it moist enough to hold together but not wet enough that it starts fizzing and expanding, we learned this all too well tonight).
- Pack into round balls (about the size of a medium egg).
- Place on cookie sheet to air dry.
- Let dry overnight, than put into container to store or give as a gift.
- Use 2 per bath.
Be Creative, Have Fun
You can do quite more than you think when making homemade bath fizzies.
- For children you can pack a small toy inside that will leave them a fun bathtime surprise!
- For the one you love, try adding a little heart or something cute.
The possibilities are endless so enjoy, be creative and have fun! Oh, and don’t forget to share what you packed YOUR bath fizzie with.
This post would not be complete without a thank you to my dear Sister-in-Christ, Chris for a fun evening.