Why Essential Oils and Children?
More and more Moms are looking for safe, gentle and effective alternatives to support their children in growing up and and having the best lives they can. Essential oils for children can make a wonderful addition to the family because it can:
- Create on-toxic home environment for children, adults and family pets especially cats and dogs;
- Support children’s healthy body systems;
- Help children learn healthy wellness habits;
- Support children’s emotional well being (and Mom’s);
- Help kids wind down before bedtime after a long hectic day;
- Smell yummy so kids enjoy them and LIKE to use them;
- Aid in focus during projects, reading or schoolwork; and
- Support them in becoming their absolute BEST!
Of course these are just some of the benefits of using essential oils for children!
What are the Safety Precautions?
Good Question! Here are a few considerations:
- What is the Quality of the Oil you are Using? I only recommend therapeutic grade oils. And then you still have to do your research as so many companies are jumping on the oil bandwagon that the amount of plants that would need to be sourced don’t add up to what is being produced. That means one thing-synthetically produced oils or fraud.
- Does the Manufacturer Stand behind Using Oils for Children (and Animals)? I say animals because they are particularly sensitive especially cats. So if the company has an essential oil animal line sometimes that can be a good indicator. Not sprays, shampoos, etc. those typically contain “anything”. Young Living stands behind essential oils for children and animals.
- Do I need to Dilute Essential Oils? Some will need dilution and depends on the oils. The KidScents Collection Oils are pre-diluted. Dilution slows down the absorption rate. Use 1-2 drops of therapeutic grade essential oil with 1/2-1 tsp. of vegetable oil or V-6. Rule of thumb is to start slow. Or place 1-2 drops in the diffuser – no dilution required!
- Read the Safety Considerations – On each page, considerations are written, please read them. When you do and use oils correctly, we win, kids win and we all win!