This pumpkin spice sugar scrub is a fun way to bring fall into your skin care regimen. It’s also a fun way of using the insides of your pumpkins after you’ve carved them, cleaned them, harvested them…you name it.
The ingredients in this sugar scrub are simple and most can be found in the kitchen. This recipe consists of organic cane sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon bark essential oil, and pumpkin puree.
Before we dive into the nourishing benefits of each ingredient let me share that it has been said, “If you can’t eat it, don’t apply it to your skin.” The ingredients in this sugar scrub are edible, skin nourishing, and pure which means your skin is receiving nutrient-rich, skin supporting goodness and a healthy glow.
So let’s look at each ingredient a bit closer so that you can feel confident in what you are applying to your skin.
Organic Cane Sugar
- Glycolic acid naturally present in cane sugar removes dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that can clog and stretch pores. This makes it an excellent ingredient in exfoliants and masks.
- Cane Sugar is rich in glycolic acid which is often used in chemical peels. This alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) can help fight skin aging.
- It’s naturally antibacterial and antifungal and does not go rancid.
- It’s an excellent moisturizer to soften and smooth the skin.
- Coconut oil contains Vitamin E which is known for helping to improve the health benefits of skin.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Spicy, warm sweet scent of fall making it the perfect addition to this scrub.
- Is warming to the skin and may be beneficial for circulation.
- Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore it can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.
- Bowl, small stainless steel or glass
- 3 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 Tbsp organic pumpkin puree
- Small glass jar with lid
In a small bowl, mash the sugar and coconut oil together until the coconut oil is well combined. Stir in the cinnamon bark essential oil starting with one drop at a time. Thoroughly mix in the pumpkin puree. Spoon into glass jar and attach lid. Use scrub immediately, or refrigerate for up to two days.
How to Use
Using your fingers, scoop a small amount of the sugar scrub out of the jar and gently massage onto your skin in rhythmic circular motions. Rinse and pat dry. Feel how soft and smooth your skin is and walk in confidence knowing that only the finest ingredients were used in making your very own sugar scrub.