This is a family favorite that we make for every hiking trip, outing, family road trip, you name it! It’s healthy, filling, and the perfect size to pack into individual baggies for each person. We have made some today as we prepare for our 14 hour road trip to Maryland. Let’s get right to the recipe, no lengthy article needed, right!?
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* 2/3 cup toasted coconut
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1 cup old fashioned oats
* 1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar)
* 1/2 cup freshly ground flax seeds
* 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- To make the no bake energy bites, just stir all of those ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. (Or if you get tired of using a spoon, just use your hands. That’s what I do!). Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for about a half hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 energy bites.