This recipe was a hit on our hot summer day yesterday. It was cooling, and equally refreshing. Oh, and easy to make!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk in step A, plus 2-4 tablespoons in step B
- 3-4 tsp. of sweetener of choice (recipe called for Truvia, I used Walmart’s Pyure)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. glucomannan or xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. tahini, peanut butter, or heavy creamer
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- Pour 1 cup unsweetened almond milk into blender.
- Add 3-4 tsp. of sweetener.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 tsp. glucomannan or xanthan gum.
- Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute then pour this liquid into 1 1/2 ice cube trays and freeze.
- When you are ready to eat your ice cream, take frozen cubes from the freezer and place in food processor or blender.
- Process of blend until a powdery consistency is reached (like dry snow).
- Stop processing and add about 2-4 more tablespoons of almond milk, 1 teaspoon heavy cream, tahini, or peanut butter, 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder and 3 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil. Blend again for a few minutes until ice cream/soft serve texture forms and the consistency is no longer like powdery snow, but holds together.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!