Cinnamon Bark essential oil is a powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal (to read more about it’s properties, click here). This makes it perfect for cleaning house!
Here are a few tried, tested and approved, homemade household cleaning products from my home to yours. Enjoy!
~ Tanya Patterson ~
- Fill a spray bottle 1/4 full with white vinegar, the rest of the way with warm water, add a squirt of liquid Castile Soap and 4-6 drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Spray on surface, let sit for a few minutes and than wipe.
Deodorizing Room Spray
- Fill a small spray bottle with water, add 2-4 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil, shake well and you are ready to use. Spritz a little here and there to refresh and deodorize a room.
- Click here for the Bathroom Cleaner aka Comet Substitute, use 5 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil where it calls for an essential oil of your choice.
- I have tried this with Lavender essential oil and cannot wait to make my next batch using Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Click here for quick directions on making your own natural carpet deodorizer.
Scented Air Freshener
- Using the same concept as the Bathroom Cleaner and Carpet Deodorizer, you will use a smaller pint size mason jar and fill 1/4 of the jar with baking soda, add about 8 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil and fasten lid. Puncture a nice design into the lid to allow the scent to flow out from the jar. Refresh scent as needed, simply by adding more essential oil.
Re-usable Cloth Disinfectant Wipes
- Make your own re-usable cloth disinfectant wipes by following these instructions. These are great for travel or for wiping down household surfaces.
If you would like to read more on household cleaning products, the danger of chemicals included in the store-bought versions as well as other recipes for making your own, click here.
To purchase a bottle of YL Cinnamon Bark essential oil (Item No. 3515), click here.