~ Tanya Patterson ~
What do you think of when the word locker room is mentioned? I think sports, sweat, showers, towels, bathrooms and people who have just finished working out. But how about viruses, bacteria and fungus? Does that come to mind at all?
The next time you or your child is in the locker room, take this germ killing disinfectant spray with you and have some peace of mind knowing that you are taking action.
Locker Room Disinfectant Spray/Wipe
- glass spray bottle or glass bottle with lid
- 20 drops of cinnamon
- 20 drops of lemon
- 20 drops of pine
- 20 drops of thyme
- 20 drops of oregano
- 1 Tbsp. vodka or pure alcohol
- 3 oz. distilled water
Add all the ingredients into your bottle, shake well, toss into your gym bag and you are ready to go. If using as a wipe, you will add a little to the cloth towel and than wipe the surface clean. Otherwise just spray surface and wipe clean.
Properties of Essential Oils
What makes this combination of oils so powerful is the germ busting properties each oil has to offer, read more below.
- Cinnamon is a powerful antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal.
- Lemon is an antiseptic, antibiotic, antiviral and anti-fungal.
- Pine is also an antiseptic, antibiotic
- Thyme is highly antimicrobial, anti-fungal, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-parasitic and antibiotic.
- Oregano is a powerful antiviral, antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic
Already Made Alternative
If you are unsure about making your own locker room disinfectant spray and would like to purchase an already made alternative, Young Living carries a product just for you!
Thieves (TM) is a Young Living product that contains 9 essential oils in just the right combination of each of the following to create this special blend – clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary. You can purchase your Thieves cleaning products by signing up as a Young Living customer here.
Ask me how you can save 24% with every purchase as you transition into a healthier lifestyle today!