~ Tanya Patterson ~
What Is Muscle Exhaustion?
Muscle exhaustion is when you have worked that muscle to the point of muscle failure. Where you cannot do another rep, no matter how hard you try. This results in the inability to move without trembling and in some cases is painful. Rest and recovery is the key to regaining your strength as your muscle works to heal and rebuild.
How to Treat
Hot baths along with massage will help with recovery. Add to your bath the following essential oils to help alleviate muscle spasms and pain:
- Marjoram (3 drops)
- Lemon (2 drops)
Soak in the bath as long as is comfortable.
Muscle Rub Massage Oil
After your bath apply the following:
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Blue (relieves sore muscles) or Eucalyptus Globulus (decongestant, soothes sore muscles)
- 5 drops Peppermint (pain reliever)
- 5 drops Ginger (relieves inflammation, soothes muscle aches and pains)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Pain Relief In A Bottle
If making your own massage oil sounds a little overwhelming or time consuming, here are a few essential oil blends created specifically for relieving muscle spasms/pain, joint pain, bone pain, inflammation as well as increase circulation.
- PanAway (reduces pain and inflammation, increases circulation, and accelerates healing. Relieves swelling and discomforts from arthritis, sprains, muscle spasms and cramps, bumps and bruises. Consists of Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove and Peppermint)
- Relieve It (is high in inflammatory relieving compounds that help with deep tissue pain and muscle soreness. Consists of Spruce, Black Pepper, Peppermint and Hyssop)
- Deep Relief roll-on (Relieves muscle soreness and tension, soothes sore joints and ligaments, helps calm stressed nerves, and reduces inflammation. Consists of Peppermint, Lemon, Balsam Idaho Fir, Copaiba, Clove, Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Vetiver, Palo Santo and fractionated (virgin) coconut oil)
The wonderful thing about internet is that you can place an order without leaving home and receive your essential oils within 5-7 business days. The standard method of shipping is FedEx so you are guaranteed a speedy delivery.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.