Health benefits of Lavender essential oil.
(The following information is taken from my “Essential Oils pocket reference” book by Life Science Publishing)
Historical Data: “The french scientist Rene Gattefosse was the first to discover lavender’s ability to promote tissue regeneration and speed wound healing when he severely burned his arm in a laboratory accident. Today, Lavender is one of the few essential oils to still be listed in the British Pharmacopoeia.
- Antiseptic – prevents the growth of disease-causing mechanisms
- Anti-fungal – capable of destroying fungi
- Analgesic – pain reliever
- Antitumoral – Counteracting or preventing the formation of malignant tumors; anticancer.
- Anticonvulsant – Used to prevent or reduce the severity of epileptic fits or other convulsions.
- Vasodilating – The dilatation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure.
- Relaxant – Make or become less tense or anxious
- Anti-inflammatory – Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Reduces blood fat/cholesterol
- Combats excess sebum (oil) on skin
- Allergies (airborne and skin)
- Bug Repellent
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chapped Lips
- Chicken Pox
- Concentration (poor)
- Diaper Rash
- Dry Skin
- Hair loss
- High Blood Pressure
- Menstrual problems/PMS
- Mosquito Bites
- Nervous Tension
- Poison Ivy
- Postpartum Depression
- Respiratory infections
- Skin conditions (perineal repair, acne, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, stretch marks)
- Teething Pain
- Calming, relaxing and balancing both physically and emotionally.
- Improves concentration and mental acuity
- University of Miami researchers found that inhalation of lavender essential oil increased beta waves in the brain, suggesting heightened relaxation. It also reduced depression and improved cognitive performance.
- Apply 2-4 drops on location
- Inhale directly
- *Take as a dietary supplement (place in gel cap and swallow)
*recommendation is for Young Living essential oil ONLY, I cannot speak for any other brand of oil, should you choose to ingest another brand you do so at your own risk. See here on how essential oils are not all created equally.
Interested in becoming a Young Living customer or seeing how to purchase products at wholesale, please click here.