Health benefits of Lavender essential oil.
(The following information is taken from my “Essential Oils pocket reference” book by Life Science Publishing)
Historical Data: “The french scientist Rene Gattefosse was the first to discover lavender’s ability to promote tissue regeneration and speed wound healing when he severely burned his arm in a laboratory accident. Today, Lavender is one of the few essential oils to still be listed in the British Pharmacopoeia.
- Antiseptic – prevents the growth of disease-causing mechanisms
- Anti-fungal – capable of destroying fungi
- Analgesic – pain reliever
- Antitumoral – Counteracting or preventing the formation of malignant tumors; anticancer.
- Anticonvulsant – Used to prevent or reduce the severity of epileptic fits or other convulsions.
- Vasodilating – The dilatation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure.
- Relaxant – Make or become less tense or anxious
- Anti-inflammatory – Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Reduces blood fat/cholesterol
- Combats excess sebum (oil) on skin
- Allergies (airborne and skin)
- Bug Repellent
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chapped Lips
- Chicken Pox
- Concentration (poor)
- Diaper Rash
- Dry Skin
- Hair loss
- High Blood Pressure
- Menstrual problems/PMS
- Mosquito Bites
- Nervous Tension
- Poison Ivy
- Postpartum Depression
- Respiratory infections
- Skin conditions (perineal repair, acne, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, stretch marks)
- Teething Pain
- Calming, relaxing and balancing both physically and emotionally.
- Improves concentration and mental acuity
- University of Miami researchers found that inhalation of lavender essential oil increased beta waves in the brain, suggesting heightened relaxation. It also reduced depression and improved cognitive performance.
- Apply 2-4 drops on location
- Inhale directly
- Take as a dietary supplement (place in gel cap and swallow)
Click here to see more Young Living products that contain Lavender essential oil.
Interested in becoming a Young Living customer or seeing how to purchase products at wholesale, please click here.